[lbo-talk] Occupy Oakland reports and pics

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed May 2 16:17:11 PDT 2012

On 5/2/2012 11:10 AM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Not sure about your city -- check that, I am sure about your city! --
> but in my city, there's a lot of violent crime every day.

I'm not disagreeing. But violent crime has been going steadily downward in the U.S. for 20 years.

So I'm still not sure how you got to "vast majority" of perpetrators not in jail.

http://bjs.gov/content/pub/ascii/cv05.txt

* From 1993 to 2005, the violent crime rate was down 58%, from 50 to 21 victimizations per 1,000 persons age 12 or older.