[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

Marv Gandall marvgand at gmail.com
Thu May 3 16:15:42 PDT 2012

On 2012-05-03, at 11:58 AM, Michael Smith wrote:

> Marv's last contribution to the list (again, unless I'm missing
> something) was about a month ago. That one, too, took Carrol
> to ask for failing to appreciate the Democratic Party enough.
> Seems to be a bit of a hobby-horse.

You mean my good-natured little jibe at Carrol's support for the Republicans as the "lesser evil"?

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20120402/003444.html

An earlier and more extended commentary on the DP:

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20120213/001925.html

If the DP seems to you to be my "hobby horse", it's because the party's base is comprised of those constituencies that the US left has always tried to attract. They would necessarily form the core of any viable third party. Therefore it's important to pay commensurate attention to it. You disagree. I understand that. I propose we move on.