[lbo-talk] Spanish promiscuity or German erectile dysfunction?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Fri May 4 13:45:28 PDT 2012

On Fri, 4 May 2012 16:18:48 -0400 Marv Gandall <marvgand at gmail.com> wrote:

> air of smug superiority encapsulated in Micheal Smith's infelicitous
> remark yesterday that DP supporters are "termites".

Infelicitous? Oh man, that's harsh. I kinda liked it.

I should also observe that it was the *party* being compared to an invertebrate infestation, not the folks who vote for its candidates. Of the latter, some will learn, sooner or later, and others never will. 'Tis ever thus.

> This level of hostility and alienation can't be disguised,

Marv, you have a remarkable capacity for psychoanalyzing people you have never met. Which is admirable, not to say superhuman. Unfortunately, it apparently comes packaged with a deplorable tendency to personalize.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org

When one does a foolish thing, it is right to do it handsomely.