[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for local economies?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 06:06:29 PDT 2012

Joanna: "Yeah, but it's getting incredibly expensive. A parking ticket in my neighborhood is $70. My daughter just got a ticket for no seat belt: $170. A lot of people can't afford car insurance, and if they get caught, that's a lot of money too.

[WS:] This is just the cost of driving. It is only fair that the drivers - and perhaps the auto industry that pushes these monstrous machines at the expense of alternatives - should bear that cost. Why should the general public? If one cannot afford it, then one should not drive.

A still better way would be a gasoline tax - say $2 per gallon. This would bring the gas price to about $6 per gallon - still cheaper than in most other developed countries. -- Wojtek

"Modern conservatism is just a neoliberal gloss on medieval domination."