[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for local economies

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 06:45:54 PDT 2012

Michael: "What would public drunkenness with no bad behavior (being a harmless drunk person weaving down the street) cost you in 1970? A ride home? A night in jail to sober up? A small fine?"

[WS:] We are not talking about harmless drunks walking or taking a bus home. We are talking about people driving 7+ ton vehicles. Are you suggesting that the lives of those killed or maimed by DUI drivers do not count?

PS. I do not go places like western PA very often, but when I do one of the things I fear the most is driving on two lane roads. I know that it does not take much for a guy who just had a few beers and is driving his pickup truck home to cross that double yellow line at any time.

-- Wojtek

"Modern conservatism is just a neoliberal gloss on medieval domination."