[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for localeconomies?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 07:39:10 PDT 2012

[WS:] You mean moot, right?

More to the point, what makes you think that computer-controlled cars will be safer? Granted, they might be safer in some situations, but they will not work in other. I can counter that with the proposition that when you have to switch between auto- and manual controls, it will create more risk than all-manual control. It is different than planes, where you have highly skilled pilots. The chances are that when the computer tells the person to assume control of the vehicle it would take quite a while before that person will be in full control of the vehicle and cognizant what is going on around him or her on the road - a very dangerous situation indeed.

Wojtek