[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise moneyfor localeconomies

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed May 9 09:34:02 PDT 2012

Carrol writes:

> Traffic enforcement is in some ways a racket.

And yet: it seems unlikely that they could ever hire enough cops to ticket all the awful and dangerous driving I see every day -- and I don't even drive that much! I don't get it: don't want to get a ticket for breaking a rule that you don't think should apply to you? Feel free to move to the fucking moon where you can run stop signs and drive 40mph through neighborhoods all you like.

How much more selfish can you get?

Following traffic rules isn't just obeying the law; it's what keeps people from being rude assholes.

/jordan