[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise moneyfor localeconomies

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 9 09:43:24 PDT 2012

On May 9, 2012, at 12:34 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Following traffic rules isn't just obeying the law; it's what keeps people from being rude assholes.

There's an ad on NYC buses now that says that (and I may not have these number exactly right) if you're hit by a car doing 30 mph, you stand an 80% chance of survival; if you're hit at 40, you stand a 70% chance of being a goner.

I would welcome a heavy repressive hand of traffic enforcement against the lunatics who terrorize Brooklyn streets. Including some of those bicyclists who run lights, ride on the sidewalk, and go the wrong way on one-way streets (sometimes all three at once even).

Doug