[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise moneyfor localeconomies

michael yates mikedjyates at msn.com
Wed May 9 10:03:29 PDT 2012

There is a big difference between showing your ID to a cop and the cop demanding your wallet without a warrant. Of course, we should all obey the traffic laws. Bicyclists included. There are many, many drunk, drug-addled, maniacal drivers. But there are also manyminor driving offenses that now get you heavy fines if the cops want to go after you. And as the cops get more militarized and more ready to use the gadgetsand unquestioned power they have, why would anyone think that every traffic stop and the like is fine? If I am on one of those dark two-lane highways and a cop wants me to pull over, I would be inclined not to stop until I get to a lit, public place.