[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for localeconomies?

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Wed May 9 14:36:51 PDT 2012

On Wed, 9 May 2012 17:08:54 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

> On May 9, 2012, at 5:02 PM, Michael Smith wrote:
>
> > Yep. Even then. Think of the car as a revolver which you have brought
> > to a cocktail party.
>
> No, it's really not much like that.
>
> For a wiseguy, you can be a stiff-necked moralist.

This style of polemic seems very much like sniping with a starter pistol; even the bang doesn't amount to much, and nobody ever gets hit.

You don't like my analogy; well, fair enough; analogies are always imperfect. Tell us more.

But nooo. Instead we get a a little expectoration of spiteful and personalized fishwifery.

Well wide of the mark, too; I bet I'm the least moral person on this list. -- Well, maybe shag or Joanna could give me a run for the money. I would like to think so, anyway.

-- --

Michael J. Smith mjs at smithbowen.net

http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org http://fakesprogress.blogspot.com http://cars-suck.org

When one does a foolish thing, it is right to do it handsomely.