[lbo-talk] is law enforcement a way to raise money for localeconomies?

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Wed May 9 15:21:10 PDT 2012

Well wide of the mark, too; I bet I'm the least moral person on this list. -- Well, maybe shag or Joanna could give me a run for the money. I would like to think so, anyway.

------

It all depends on what you mean by morality. I liked Nietzche's definition: "Morality is virtue in need of justification." The implication being that virtue does not need justification. Nor does it.

So, when I hear "morality," I hear "sermonizing." Booooring.

But, I know Carol means something else by "morality," which I am always guilty of, either for suggesting that sex work is inherently more damaging to the self than other work or for suggesting that indignation and outrage are the fuel of revolutions.

Something tells me we'll never sort this out.

I came of age in the sixties and grew up in very different cultures, which convinced me that a good deal of "morality" was relative. However, this is not to say that I don't think there's Truth and Beauty. Which is probably what sinks me in Carrol's estimation.

On the other hand, those who know me personally, Doug, ravi, Michael P, Chuck G, might attest to my all around tolerance and open mindedness. Or so I hope.

In the bad girl department, yeah. Definitely. And it was a lot of fun.

Joanna