[lbo-talk] hello

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu May 10 09:16:19 PDT 2012

> UNAUTHORIZED SPAM - {LEASE IGNORE !

For a minute there, I thought that lbo-talk was the only mailing list that I'm on that had members with the good sense to *ignore spam posted to the list* -- it happens some times, and the list maintainers are well aware of it and take steps to curb it, etc. There seems to be a rash of Yahoo accounts getting hacked and spam-bot'd from these days, so I would have thought that by now everyone would have seen this.

The second worst thing you do when you see spam is send a note to the ~800 listmembers that they have just received spam; they all know they just received spam, you don't have to tell them.

The *worst* thing you can do is to fail to trim out the spammy link from said message before bombarding us all with it a second time.

Please, folks: simply delete obvious spam and move along with your day. Thanks.

/jordan