[lbo-talk] prefect leftists building a left by example?

Alan P. Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Mon May 14 07:36:13 PDT 2012

> > That was the extent of that aspect of the wider argument I was making. I
> > don't know a single leftist who thinks that leftists acting perfectly will
> > draw the public to their side. I know a lot of liberals who do.
> >

> must have been that other lbo list I was reading.

I guess. Did someone here write that peaceful protest would forestall police violence? Did someone here suggest that individuals not expressing personal prejudice would solve racism? I can remember people posting things about moving money to savings and loads but I don't remember anyone saying that it'd build the left by drawing people to it. Did someone advocate that being peacefully anti-war would draw people to the anti-war position?

I know that that folks here have argued that making the right argument will convince people that the left is right, is that what you're referring to? Not trying to be a jerk, what were you referring to?