[lbo-talk] Fitch memorial

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 15:46:41 PDT 2012

Woj:

Great piece, but very depressing. It shows that there is no alternative - at least not on this side of the pond. Not that I did not realize this in the back of my brain, but your piece put this in plain view right before the reader's eyes. A beautiful swan song, indeed.

Gulick:

Why so down in the mouth? The New York Commune is coming soon. There's nothing like the power of a good example. Soon the teeming working-class masses of NYC (what's left of them in the outer boroughs, anyway) will "begin to see that they, themselves, can create alternatives to the state, we may very well see a wave of resistence and mutual aid that makes last fall look like practice."

http://wagingnonviolence.org/2012/05/taking-occupy-wall-street-from-may-day-to-every-day/comment-page-1/#comment-87725

If it were feasible, I'd be all for an urban anarcho-communism rooted in the quotidian reality of the multicultural (and immigrant) working class, but it seems to me that this guy's commenters get it more than he does.