[lbo-talk] For Europe’s sake Greece must renege on its bailout commitments

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Fri May 25 04:50:15 PDT 2012

"Conventional wisdom has it that, if Greece wants to stay in the Eurozone, it must abide by the terms and conditions of its ‘bailout’ deal.

It is my considered opinion that the conventional wisdom is, once more, profoundly wrong. That Greece’s only realistic chance of staying in the Eurozone is to challenge the terms of its ‘bailout’ agreement. Moreover, I shall be arguing that such a challenge would be a great gift to Europe. Indeed, it may prove a prerequisite for the Eurozone’s survival." http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2012/05/25/for-europes-sake-greece-must-renege-on-its-bailout-commitments-my-op-ed-in-le-monde/

-- Wojtek