[lbo-talk] Tweeters, Twitterers and Twats

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Wed May 30 12:27:14 PDT 2012

On May 30, 2012, at 2:42 PM, Wojtek S wrote:
> What I was arguing is that a person like myself has no illusion that
> one's is so importance to anyone but the closest family that people
> would spend time to follow what that person gives off in one liners.

I had the same kind of reservations, but now I think that’s the wrong way to look at it. You could put stuff out in the public sphere without any pretensions of greatness.

Apart from one-lines, Twitter is also used for sharing links, etc. In some ways I prefer it to sending email out to a group, since the group has to be selected by me (presumptuous) whereas following my tweets is a decision made by the injured party :-).

—ravi