[lbo-talk] GM food labeling

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 18:28:05 PST 2012

Chuck Grimes wrote:

>Shane Mage proposed Monsanto $$$. But reactionary $$$ were spent all over
>the spectrum of candidates and propositions with very ambiguous results.

Most newspapers in the state wrote editorials against 37. People pay a lot of attention to those. Enough that the tv ads, including the ones Monsanto paid for, feature them. The gist of the editorial take was that it was poorly written and would increase grocery bills.

Joanna:

>But it surprises me cause I thought Cali was very food conscious.

It passed on the coast. It didn't pass where the food is grown, which is most of the rest of the state.

http://www.noprop37.com/infographics/newspapers-agree/