[lbo-talk] GM food labeling

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 20:02:09 PST 2012

Well,

There you go. I don't have a tv and don't read newspapers except what's on-line.

But I am still not convinced. Take a look at the congressional districts of California. Those in the red are all the agricultural areas of the state, out in red neck California. Most of the land area is red, while all the coastal counties where the other half of the state population live are blue.

The point is that a lot of the failed `liberal' propositions were aided by the red areas of the state. You can bet these outlands depend on cable tv and smaller town newspapers...where the only ads are probably for John Deer and Al's Feed and Grain supplier of Monsanto's best... GM is a big topic in agriculture and the state is the largest or one of the largest agricultural production states in the union.

On my climbing and camping trips through small towns `out there' usually gave me the creeps, like the sound of the banjo in Deliverance.

CG