[lbo-talk] GM food labeling

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 00:10:44 PST 2012

The northern most county is San Luis Opissbo. A friend of mine teaches at Cal Poly. The one time I went down to help him move from Berkeley, I hated the place. It was a reactionary heaven for rich, retired LA upper middle class looking for cheaper beach property. He had to move because his ex-wife took the kids to escape Alameda County family law courts. In the opening phase of a custody battle the social worker was starting to see the wife had psychological problems, which she most definitely did. Anyway... It took a few years, but the Opissbo court appointed whatever finally made the same determination, so he got to see his kids without supervision. By then it was pretty much too late.

Unfortunately his kids grew up there from about 10 to 20. I think their social environment caused brain damage. He managed to get his son to move back up here ...

The other two coastal counties Santa Barbara and Ventura I don't know except Santa Barbara is very similar to Opissbo. The far eastern counties Alpine and Mono have large wilderness areas. But so does Inyo just south. Who knows. Maybe gambling and whoring in Neveda loosen them up.

I am also surprised by Del Norte and Siskiyou (far north). They also have a lot of state and national forest areas. They went for Rummie but voted for 37?

On the map I was looking at for who voted for Rummie, Merced voted for Obama so it registered blue. It's got a heavy Mexican American population.

I should get out more...

CG