[lbo-talk] The death of cursive....

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sun Nov 25 05:24:38 PST 2012

Chuck Grimes writes:

> Learning how to write is to command the language.

How well does your doctor write cursively? I mean, there's practically a cottage industry in jokes about how bad the penmanship of doctors can be. Does that make them illiterate?

> I am with Joanna on this one for the simple and obvious
> reason that it's a skill you need to own with as few
> technological intermediaries as possible.

I find that, when required, printing is far faster and easier to read for the consumer of my writing than cursive can ever be. This is similar to plain text in email, and using Courier font.

> I had a real life lesson just last year when I wanted
> handwritten work orders because I could control them and
> track parts, labor, and who worked on what ...

You're, um, confusing the medium wth the message, as it were.

/jordan