[lbo-talk] The death of cursive....

andie_nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 25 10:34:15 PST 2012

Student plagiarism has improved, whatever else.

I was taught italics with a fountain pen. My handwriting is now an ill eligible scrawl. I actually did use fountain pens till maybe 15 years ago. I have a large collection of beautiful and potentially valuable (if they are ever cleaned up) vintage fountain men's. they are beautiful, whatever else you say. These days for pens I used the now-no-longer-made Rotring 600 old style, hexagonal in shape, coper covered with black I used one through LS for exams. I was one of the early people to enter my notes on a computer, the new wing of the LS had vastly insufficient outlets, and only a few of us did it then. Of course all students use computers or tablets now, at least in LS. But I wrote my exams by hand because of a superstitious fear of the computer crashing during the exam and losing my work. I feel for my professors who had to struggle through my scrawl.

Sent from my iPad