[lbo-talk] This time it's a September Surprise on Romney

// ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Oct 6 19:37:33 PDT 2012

On Oct 6, 2012, at 10:25 PM, andie_nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> No doubt I am am a tech idiot, but I find windows ad ms products much easier and more intuitive to use than apple products. I have a MacBook Pro and I am trying to learn to use it. Nothing about it makes sense to me. Of course I don't go down to the operating system level, but simple operations that require almost no thought on my PC are totally opaque on the mac and require hours of tech support time, which I can't remember how to do again when I need it.i am sure that this shows I am a fool, but my experience was that the money I spent on the Mac was an expensive waste.

Not a fool or idiot… it might just be that you are used to the “muscle memory” of using Windows. So yeah perhaps I was wrong on the suggestion that switching might be easier than one might think. I am a Unix guy and Windows and OS X were equally strange to me (I still find file manipulation outside the Terminal app/iTerm a slow and error prone process), but fortunately I have spent less than a year of total time on Windows, so I didn’t have to unlearn it.

—ravi