[lbo-talk] [SPAM_ISU] :Re: Pussy Riot Proposed for Luther Prize

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 8 05:43:47 PDT 2012

Spectator politics has no room for grasping the possible within a given context. There is no real left in Russia at the present though, as in the U.S. in the '80s, there are doubtless many individual leftists. In such a context random acts of symbolic resistance keep up human courage. Mere spectators, like Joanna & Joseph, can apparently exercise a merely aesthetic judgment of politics.

Carrol

On
> Behalf Of Joseph Catron
> Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 5:50 AM
> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org
> Subject: [SPAM_ISU] :Re: [lbo-talk] Pussy Riot Proposed for Luther Prize
>
> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> wrote:
>
> The "West" can't even begin to understand their action. The Russian
State,