[lbo-talk] ....as for the storm

Eleutherios eleutherios.rizooto at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:24:27 PDT 2012

On 28-Oct-12 14:59, // ravi wrote:
> I understand you write out of genuine concern and I appreciate that,
> but no, I have no plans of taking this seriously. In particular, I
> have no plans of joining the masses hoarding up on gasoline, duct
> tape, and whatever shit they find still available on store shelves. —ravi
One's particular location will determine the impacts. For most, it will be prolonged strong winds and heavy rain, downing trees and causing minor structural damage. There will prolonged power outages in many areas throughout the Mid-Atlantic to Northeast. For low-lying areas, flooding from the storm surge and rain will be more problematic. This isn't about not being a drone, consumer, or panicky. If the high-end predictions do play out (and actual developments suggest that possibility), the winds will be more impactful to structures.

On 28-Oct-12 15:09, Jordan Hayes wrote:
> Maybe a table will open up at Eleven Madison Park?
Bermuda (among other locales) often has hurricane parties and in certain locations, you'll be fine to do that.