[lbo-talk] ....as for the storm

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 13:50:51 PDT 2012

Eleutherios: "There will prolonged power outages"

[WS:] It should not be worse than the derecho we got on June 29, no? We were four days without power and a few houses around got crushed by falling trees. They rebuilt just in time for Sandy ;)

As I see, the main problem is not the bad weather, but under-investment in infrastructure (i.e. private ownership of service delivery aka capitalism) - most of our power lines are above ground and thus susceptible to falling trees.

In any case, they cancelled train service for tomorrow so I am staying home. Thus far, the Metro will be running.

-- Wojtek