[lbo-talk] Support the Adorno Prize for Judith Butler

Angelus Novus fuerdenkommunismus at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 3 16:59:56 PDT 2012

Chuck Grimes wrote:

> I don't read German

Basically, the usual scandal-mongering ideologues (e.g. the Jerusalem Post) are attacking Butler for some ill-considered statements she made about Hamas and Hezbollah being part of the left, as well as her support for BDS.

I'm not qualified to give any appraisal of Butler's theoretical work.  Some people whose opinions I respect rate her highly.  This isn't about her philosophy.  This is about taking a stand of the slimy practice of what Moshe Zuckermann correctly refers to as the use of the accusation of "Antisemitism" as a political weapon against the left.