[lbo-talk] Lefty library of pdfs

C W Sedley cwsedley at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 19:40:54 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM, andie_nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Apparently Bill B and chuck think that writers _should_ work for nothing. I am flabbergasted. I presume that they would support busting the teacher's strike here to bring down wages to their true value instead of permitting teachers to exercise monopoly power.

I'm actually proposing that ebook authors and public teachers be paid in the same way: ebooks become free *at the point of delivery*, and writers be paid out of surplus value that gets expropriated elsewhere. Then they can strike for higher writer's wages (or universal benefits or whatever).

Well, I'm really only proposing the second part, because ebooks are already free for those who know how to look for them. But I think that in the next few years it will become necessary to formalise this arrangement, otherwise publishing will only be done by wings of capital that use it for ideological purposes.

Cheers

CWS