[lbo-talk] "tool" as insult?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 07:17:09 PDT 2012

Andie: "Self delusion about being an Instrument of History, God, Nation, Party, or Volk strikes me as a way for the self-righteous to avoid responsibility and commit crimes with a clear conscience despite dirty hands."

[WS:] No doubt. But there are also those who either genuinely renounce the self in favor of some greater good - which is a moral attitude - or those who argue that the individual self is but a manifestation of collective consciousness - which is a theoretical position that I take seriously. The trick is to tell the difference between these three.

-- Wojtek