[lbo-talk] Chicago mayor takes legal action over strike

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 16:41:05 PDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:11 PM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is not the main point here. The judicial system is slanted against
> reform, period. Anyone, or rather any employer, can use it to this end.
>
> Wojtek

In this particular case not only is the executive seeking an injunction, he is doing so on the basis of a recently passed law. I don't see how you blame that primarily on the judiciary. In general, I don't disagree that the judiciary is the most reactionary branch of government. But this is a case where the judiciary is being asked for an injunction allowing the executive to enforce a bad law the legislature has recently passed. So a really bad example.