[lbo-talk] Is Iphone mostly white?

Eleutherios eleutherios.rizooto at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 10:35:11 PDT 2012

Yes, southern Missouri and Illinois are something like Upper (or Upland) South https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_South . Missouri was never really, as far as I'm aware, among that Progressive strain in the Upper Midwest which lost vigor but for which residual effects remain today. There is the typical urban-rural divide with the bigger cities being more cosmopolitan/less reactionary, just as occurs in the Deep South (say Atlanta or Raleigh-Durham, although immigration is major factor in those). St. Louis was a confluence point for people moving west, including the wealthy, as well as a major route for blacks moving to northern cities. Louisiana and Florida are other mixed cases in the southern US.