[lbo-talk] International Topless Jihad Day

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 11:13:05 PDT 2013

Ravi: "Western imperialism"

[WS:] Imperialism is an invective rather than a term endowed with empirical meaning. In a more figurative sense it is more or less equivalent to calling someone an asshole, and in a less figurative sense it means "sour grapes." China calling US "imperialists", Tibet calling China "imperialists" - you get the drift. In any case, this is all about kulturkampf, the "my culture is bigger than your culture" thing. The mass media are full of such pissing contests - even food shows are full piss, so to speak http://www.newyorker.com/arts/critics/television/2013/04/08/130408crte_television_nussbaum .

Since I detest competition I am trying to stay away from such nonsense.

-- Wojtek