[lbo-talk] No rights for Tsarnaev?

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 22:54:35 PDT 2013

I couldn't find an explicit story, but I assume this:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/04/21/178254784/miranda-rights-and-tsarnaev-ashcroft-says-u-s-move-is-the-right-one

No Miranda. Hmm. This may turn out to be a big mistake, or a big victory for the Reich. If they can use this case as a precedent, they can pretty much annul most civil rights for anybody charged under terrorism as a special universe where there are no laws.

There is probably zero to massively negative popular feeling toward anybody with a name like Tsarnaev. OTOH, maybe some body like Mike Tigar can pull off a miracle. Doubtful. Just imagine the evil mind that set up the civil rights lefties to a must win case or else.

Where is the public safety exception for a guy with near critical injuries in a hospital who can't speak (intubated?), chained to his bed, and is no doubt under 24/7 armed guards? His mere existance is an existential threat to greatest military power on the planet. I am sure...

CG