[lbo-talk] No rights for Tsarnaev?

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 09:50:08 PDT 2013

Gary: "The Zeitgeist seems to be having some difficulty accommodating the possibility that the bombers might not have been Islamic extremists."

[WS:] Indeed. This is consistent with my theory of Islamic terrorism as a reality show writ large. The perps do it mainly for the media shock effect, and the spectators are duly shocked. People die from gun related violence in the US on a daily basis and that hardly attracts any attention except the local news. But throw in the label "Islamic terrorism" and the same act of violence becomes front page international news for months to come.

Wojtek