[lbo-talk] Solidarity and some book recs

John Glastonbury jglastonbury at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 17:55:04 PDT 2013

One statement: it seems to me Carrol Cox is always right. Or close enough. Take this with a grain of salt.

One request: who is in the north Houston area? And how does one stay red here? I'm lost in a sea of republicans evangelicals and oil parasites... Any comrades here or suggestions for groups to get connected with?

And two different book recommendation requests:

First, I'd like to familiarize myself with Chinese pre-revolution history, and Asian history more broadly, India and Japan. Pre-1800. Not necessarily Marxist if it's well done.

Second, biographies on the scale and caliber of Deutscher's Trotsky, Caro's LBJ or Branch's MLK. FDR? Lenin? Mao? Napoleon? Etc.