[lbo-talk] WBAI

Arthur Maisel arthurmaisel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:58:07 PDT 2013

Mentioning *A Cool Million* in another thread reminded me that I wanted to raise the issue of WBAI's survival here. I am very ambivalent. The station seems to be in the hands of complete imcompetents, conspiracy nuts, and shameless promoters of quack cures (in some cases one and the same person). Maybe letting it die is the best thing.

And yet...where else can you hear someone reading Nathanael West on the radio, or two hours every week of music composed before 1700, or a computer hacker program (to mention only three of my favorites)?

Maybe Doug Henwood will disagree (having been associated with the station), but it's hard for me to imagine life without the place that gave us Amy Goodman *and* Bob Fass *and* a show put on by people from OWS. And...and...

So I decided to ask the people on the list to consider sending some money to help them survive, as I have done.

http://www.wbai.org/