[lbo-talk] Check your privilege?

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Sat Aug 17 17:39:46 PDT 2013

On 18/08/2013, at 6:39 AM, shag carpet bomb <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

> The concept comes tends to be used by those familiar with the work of Peggy McIntosh who wrote a now nearly three decade old article called "Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack of Privilege". In it, McIntosh details the ways in which men experience male privilege and white experience white skin privilege.
>
> I have several criticisms of the essay but was very curious what others think of it. It's a very clean HTML version so it should work for Carrol.
>
> <http://www.amptoons.com/blog/files/mcintosh.html>http://www.amptoons.com/blog/files/mcintosh.html

The list seem to doesn't include skin cancer. Nor the annoying fact that racists just assume that they can confide their racist claptrap to other white people and we are expected to just listen politely, if not agree enthusiastically. And they get really aggro if we don't. I bet they don't try that on non-white people.

Maybe I should make a list? ;-)

Bill Bartlett Bracknell tas