[lbo-talk] Irrelevance of Intelligence RE: Check your privilege?

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Tue Aug 20 02:14:55 PDT 2013

On 20/08/2013, at 12:30 PM, "Jordan Hayes" <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote:

>> I guess you can't expect someone be terribly smart, but average
>> intelligence is not a big ask.
>
> GWB scored a 1200 on the SAT and went to Yale. What did you do?

I served a minimum sentence in the education system, so never got anywhere near university. Though I did miss out on early release after the school sent me for testing and the results didn't justify booting me out before the minimum school-leaving age.

>From what I have read, the system of determining entry to Yale is totally corrupt, so that proves nothing. SAT I gather is some kind of high school finishing result score right. Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be for a rich brat to game that?

Really, you'll have to do better than that. He's a dim-wit. Would never have got into a non-corrupt university. Would certainly not have graduated from an honest university system. But the USA doesn't have a non-corrupt education system, it has a system corrupted by money. Its results are bought and sold like any commodity. Especially the most prestigious universities like Yale.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas