[lbo-talk] Repression & Its Varieties

JOANNA A. 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Aug 21 16:32:13 PDT 2013

----- Original Message ----- I begin with a guess. The speculation that follows is not necessarily invalid even if the guess is wrong.

I would guess that many, perhaps most, perhaps near all, liberals are shuffling aside with merely moralistic g runts the revelations re NSA chicanery, the half-formed thought being something like, "It will only _really_ hurt those who break the law, & I'm law-abiding.

----

I agree with everything you wrote about this. But as for the above. If others feel as I do, the greatest feeling they have is one of helplessness. To make that less unpleasant, they say that it will only hurt those who have something to hide. And then there's the unacknowledged thought that they won't go after white people...unless they're whistle blowers.

Those who have any understanding of history might grok most of the rest of what you say, but then the helplessness starts again.

And as the police state tightens its tentacles, the slave economy expands.

Hard times.

Joanna