[lbo-talk] my interview w The Real News: Pressure Mounts for US to Cut Aid to Egyptian Military

Bill Bartlett william7 at aapt.net.au
Thu Aug 22 07:36:43 PDT 2013

On 22/08/2013, at 9:54 PM, c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> wrote:

> You really don't know what democracy is do you ?

You tell me.

I know it takes many forms, but I never would have imagined it could take the form of the army replacing an elected government with its cronies, imprisoning members of the elected government and massacring protestors.

> ."Force (i.e. mass murder -CB) is the midwife of every old society pregnant with a
> new one. " - Karl Marx .

"Force" can also take many forms. Mass murder is not the only option, Or the first preference of any but psychopaths. Despite your attempt to pervert the words of Marx, he wasn't advocating mass murder there.

And a military dictatorship can hardly be regarded as anything "new" in Egypt. Its very much the old order.

> Your attempt to claim political correctness over me by "denouncing" the
> killings and slandering me as supporting murder fails. All we are doing
> is talking. Talk is cheap. I have zero responsibility for any deaths there;
> and you have zero moral superiority over me because you denounce the
> killings.

Talk is not cheap. It matters what you say, it matters what methods you advocate or support. If you fly with the crows, you'll be shot with the crows.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas