[lbo-talk] my interview w The Real News: Pressure Mounts for US to Cut Aid to Egyptian Military

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 04:54:58 PDT 2013

, Bill Bartlett wrote:

> c b <cb31450 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Kristol: Well, I think they prefer the military to rule to the Muslim
> >> Brotherhood ruling. And I think an awful lot of people in the region
> prefer
> >> that. You know, an awful lot of the Arab governments prefer it.
> >>
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > Not to mention a whoooole lot of people IN EGYPT ! like 22 to 33
> million,
> > which is the number one thing everybody should be paying attention to.
>
> Good God, are you still backing the bloody military dictatorship in Egypt?
> The blood in the streets doesn't cut any ice with you?
>
> To tell the truth I can't for the life of me work out why Charles is such
> a big supporter of the murderous coup leaders. Can anyone enlighten me?

^^^^^^^ CB: No I'm starting to think you're incorrigible. Good grief haven't you figured out that you are supposed to support the demands of 33 MILLION PEOPLE ! What is the matter with you ? You really don't know what democracy is do you ? I'm supporting the People of Egypt whose will is more patent than in just about any country in history.

It would be great if revolutions were bloodless, but they are not."Force ( i.e. mass murder -CB) is the midwife of every old society pregnant with a new one. " - Karl Marx . I can see you denouncing the revolutionaries in France or Russia or Cuba because thousands were murdered in the revolutions, including many innocents, of course.

Your attempt to claim political correctness over me by "denouncing" the killings and slandering me as supporting murder fails. All we are doing is talking. Talk is cheap. I have zero responsibility for any deaths there; and you have zero moral superiority over me because you denounce the killings.