[lbo-talk] with a whimper, not a bang

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 9 02:03:57 PST 2013

>What's this about lbo-talk vanishing? Is Doug closing it down?

No. It's just that week before last, postings slowed to a trickle, unseen even by the standards of late. Then last week, for the first five days of the week, there were but three postings -- all by the same person. It was like an eerie, sudden collapse -- almost as if telepathically orchestrated.

>Who's Fisher and Scialabba when they are at home?

Both are left micro-public intellectuals who have written/theorized about late capitalist social atomization.

>What the bloody hell is a "late ems"?

That was a typo. Darn thinkpad.

>What's this about ebay buying journalists?

See the Omidyar thread from the week before last.

My little provocation achieved its goal. Traffic has picked up.