[lbo-talk] Request help to clarify a proposed petition

martin schiller mschiller at pobox.com
Tue Feb 5 11:09:01 PST 2013

I'd like to post a petition on MoveOn's site regarding cannabis regulation for Oregon, and before posting it I thought that I might ask here for any criticism of the language I'm considering. MoveOn says 'If you get 20 signatures on your petition, we'll email it to at least 1,000 people in your area to help it grow (assuming of course that it's consistent with MoveOn's progressive values).'

My proposed petition - "Since it seems evident to me that deregulating cannabis will result in making the income from production and marketing legal and subject to taxation, I would like to petition for an economic comparison of the cost/benefit of deregulation and taxation of income, compared to the cost/benefit of establishing a new government bureau to regulate and market cannabis."