[lbo-talk] Route 66

Chuck Grimes cagrimes42 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:19:22 PST 2013

Here's a link to Billy Connolly Route 66 series. I looked it up after the other Jordan wrote about it off list, probably reminded by the Texan Steak ranch stop in Amarillo. He was right, I enjoyed it a lot, although Connolly makes it a lot more interesting than I remember from long car trips during the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCwaFAtJY78

The trouble is Connolly starts in Chicago. We started in LA and went east. This gave an entirely different feel. The goal was Grandma's place in Hobart, Uncle Bob's in Chickasha and Aunt Heddy in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma City had a huge indoor public pool with a giant slide tower. We also took side trips to the Grand Canyon and Carlsbad Caverns the big national parks on the way.

CG