[lbo-talk] EDF suing climate activists for ?5 million - protesters face losing homes

James Heartfield james at heartfield.org
Thu Feb 21 13:14:44 PST 2013

Wojtek - I chose my words. I said I had no sympathy with them, and I don't. I am not in favour of collective liability for protestors. But what these people wanted to happen was to reduce electricity generation, not as a tactic, but as a social goal. Getting their way means that pensioners will die this winter.

On construction, you are wrong to counterpose 'suburban sprawl' to houses. Suburban sprawl is houses, just the houses of the people that you irrationally hate ('closet racist white fatheads' - though how you know is hard to fathom, especially since most of US population is counted as 'suburban').

More specifically, we have had the experiment of 'smart growth' in Britain for the last twenty years. The impact is, as almost everyone now concedes, a spectacular social disaster the likes of which have not been seen before.

Now people have to live in garden sheds http://www.heartfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/housing/GardenShedPlashetRd.jpg http://www.heartfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/housing/Southall1.JPG

http://www.heartfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/housing/Southall2.JPG

or underground cellars in Britain http://www.heartfield.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/housing/AndrewPanayiCaledonianRd13.jpg

I know full well that liars call this smart growth. There is nothing smart about it. It is a means to punish the poor.