[lbo-talk] Graber on consensus

Gar Lipow gar.lipow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 22:38:55 PST 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM, martin schiller <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2013, at 5:28 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:
>

>> On Feb 25, 2013, at 5:30 PM, Gar Lipow <gar.lipow at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Bartlett seems to think he has a rule for consensus -
>>> any group not subject to class conflict
>>
>> Maybe, but on what planet does such a thing exist?
>
> Wouldn't each class be just such a group?

Umm - no serious conflict within a class? Does anyone really believe that conflict between classes precludes conflict within classes? Especially within non-dominant classes, whose members often accept the values and interests of the ruling classes. I'd say that is one area where vulgar Marxism is NOT right 90% of the time, except that would be unfair to vulgar Marxism which mostly does not oversimplify Marx quite to that extent.