[lbo-talk] Graber on consensus

Dennis Redmond metalslorg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:24:47 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM, Wojtek S <wsoko52 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What I am trying to do is to dismiss anarchists and their childish
> I-centrism. "If I do not get what I want, I will take my toys and
> play in my own yard."

Yep, one the problems of anarchism is the privileging of one single moment, place, process, or event as The Political (TM, Pat. Pending). These folks really and truly need to re-read their Adorno and think about capitalism as a total system. How do you resist a totality? By constructing counter-totalities. A politics of unions, a politics of media, a politics of identity, a politics of cellphones, a politics of videogames... there will be as many resistances as stars in the sky.

-- DRR