[lbo-talk] Federal Power to Intercept Messages Is Extended

123hop at comcast.net 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Jan 3 10:40:58 PST 2013

My sister went to the finest private school in L.A. The drugs flowed like water. Lots more money and lots more drugs than in the urban poor schools. That's criminal too. But that school will never permit a frisk/search. Never.

And you know that. So, as I said, this is not about crime. This is about the schools to prison pipeline.

The locking up is inevitable. It is the point.

Joanna

----- Original Message ----- So what you are you suggesting, dismantling urban poor schools that provide fodder for prison and keep only the private ones?

The problem is not schools, poor or otherwise, but the criminal activity of the population that attends them. You can deal with it by defusing and preventing it, which does require mildly invasive measures, or by locking them up and throwing away the key. I prefer the former.

-- Wojtek