[lbo-talk] Federal Power to Intercept Messages Is Extended

Wojtek S wsoko52 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:56:45 PST 2013

Joanna: "My sister went to the finest private school in L.A. The drugs flowed like water. Lots more money and lots more drugs than in the urban poor schools."

[WS:] With all due respect to your sister's classmates, they are unlikely candidates for drug busts. If they will be busted for anything, it will be tax fraud, inside dealing or other forms of white collar crime. So frisking them for drugs serves no educational purpose. Drugs is what the guys in the ghetto schools will be busted for, so it makes sense to try to steer them away from them, no?

Joanna: "<And you know that. So, as I said, this is not about crime.
> This is about the schools to prison pipeline.
>
> The locking up is inevitable. It is the point.

[WS:] Yes it is about crime. The problem is that locking up is not inevitable for white collar criminals, to say the least. So instead of trying to get the street criminal off the hook, you should be calling for locking up white collar criminals as well. The problem is not that the US justice system is too tough on crime, but that it is too selective and too lenient for some. I'd love to see banksters and corporate execs behind bars and on the death row - like in China.

Expropriate the expropriators, execute the executives ;)

-- Wojtek