[lbo-talk] Mark Weisbrot: Why Paul Krugman should be President Obama's pick for US treasury secretary

Sean Andrews cultstud76 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 11:55:42 PST 2013

If we've learned anything from the Tea Party it's that mediating your demands to fit in the limits of the mainstream does little to win concessions for your side. Better we just go ahead and push him to nominate Yves Smith or Nomi Prins (the latter was at Goldman for a while so she might be a shoe-in ;-). In that spectrum, Krugman seems like a centrist.

Jeff Sachs and Joe Stiglitz would also be interesting - though I don't know what kind of technical proficiency you need to bet treasury secretary at this point.

After listening to Bill Bartlett on Doug's show, I would love to see him reprise his administrative position. He should be an easy sell given that he worked for the Gipper, but man does he hate the contemporary GOP.