[lbo-talk] Mark Weisbrot: Why Paul Krugman should be President Obama's pick for US treasury secretary

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Jan 6 18:54:08 PST 2013

On Jan 5, 2013, at 4:35 PM, Marv Gandall <marvgand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ha! You're such compromisers. Why not Doug Henwood as Treasury Secretary?
>
> Doug, how do your Wall Street credentials match up to those of Jack Lew, Erskine Bowles, Bob Altman, and Larry Fink?

Terribly!

I don't get these campaigns. There's no fucking way Obama would consider Krugman for a nanosecond. Why waste the time? Is it some degenerated Trot "impossible demands" strategy? Then why bother with a Princeton Nobelist? As Jack Kemp once said, if you're going to go for it, you should really go for it.

DOug